We offer a variety of parent workshops that are designed with one objective in mind...for you, as parents, to have a greater understanding of how your child develops. As a parent you are continuously bombarded with lots of 'rights' and 'wrongs', and the goal posts are constantly changing on everything from weaning, naughty steps, what food is good, what food is bad, controlled crying...the list goes on. The one thing that is constant is how children develop.
By understanding key factors of your child's development you are able to connect and respond in a way that has the potential to make a huge difference for your child in the now, but also for the future. I talk as an Early Years Practitioner but more importantly as a parent. I use these techniques on my own children, and the knowledge I can pass on is relevant from birth to teens.
Understanding the vital importance and significance of the 3 prime areas of development means I approach situations in a very different way to the way I used to, both as a parent and as a professional. Examples of the workshops we offer are:
- Emotional Literacy - Understanding your child's emotions and how they drive behaviour
- Active Listening - How active listening can maintain relationships with your teens
- Baby Years - How to best support baby in the first 12 months
- Communication and Language - Supporting language development
- School Ready - What is being school ready?
- Physical Development - How physical play helps your child learn to write
- Storytelling - The importance of books in childhood
- Playtime - The joy of playing
As well as those listed, if there is a specific area or subject you wish to know more about please do get in touch and find out if it is something we are able to deliver. We can adapt the workshops to be run in any environment from a school hall, conference room or to a smaller group of parents in a home. They are fun presentations with lots of opportunity to share and discuss, learn strategies and view resources that will help you on your parental path.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, nursery or pre-school manager please do get in touch to find out more.